~8 Day Moosehead Lake Summer/Fall Itinerary~
There is so much to do…you can find something to do everyday!
Let us help you plan your trip which will start at…
Here are some suggestions:
- Day 1: Seaplane Ride: Moosehead Lake is the biggest sea plane base east of the Mississippi, so take in the massive Moosehead Lake by viewing it from a seaplane.
- Day 2: Moose Safari: Take a guided tour by an expert Maine Guide to a remote area where you will then board a canoe. You will observe wildlife such as moose, loons, river otters and bald eagles. Many times the moose are actually swimming right in front of you!
- Day 3: Take a 30 minute scenic drive to a boat launch where you will board a boat taxi and take a short ride to historic Mount Kineo. Take one of the various paths (depending on your ability) to the top where the views are magnificent!
- Day 4: Take a relaxing cruise up Moosehead Lake on the historic steamboat the Katahdin.
- Day 5: Take a picnic lunch and hike to a magnificent gorge called Gulf Hagas (also called the Grand Canyon of Maine)
- Day 6: White Water Rafting: The Moosehead Lake Region is situated between 3 white water rafting rivers, so choose a ½ day or whole day trip on one of the various leveled rivers by a licensed Maine white water guide.
- Day 7: Rent a kayak and explore Moosehead Lake’s many coves.
- Day 8: Fishing: Moosehead Lake and the surrounding lakes and rivers offer a multitude of fishing choices. Local outfitters and guides will gladly plan a day trip and take care of all the details for you.
Of course, your days will start and end at the historic Greenville Inn where you will enjoy scrumptious breakfasts and a restful night sleep at the end of an adventurous day …
“this is as good as it gets!”