8 Day Moosehead Lake Summer/Fall Itinerary
There is so much to do…you can find something to do everyday!
Let us help you plan your trip which will start at…
Here are some suggestions:
- Day 1: Seaplane Ride: Moosehead Lake is the biggest sea plane base east of the Mississippi, so take in the massive Moosehead Lake by viewing it from a seaplane.
- Day 2: Moose Safari: Take a guided tour by an expert Maine Guide to a remote area where you will then board a canoe. You will observe wildlife such as moose, loons, river otters and bald eagles. Many times the moose are actually swimming right in front of you!
- Day 3: Take a 30 minute scenic drive to a boat launch where you will board a boat taxi and take a short ride to historic Mount Kineo. Take one of the various paths (depending on your ability) to the top where the views are magnificent!
- Day 4: Take a relaxing cruise up Moosehead Lake on the historic steamboat the Katahdin.
- Day 5: Take a picnic lunch and hike to a magnificent gorge called Gulf Hagas (also called the Grand Canyon of Maine)
- Day 6: White Water Rafting: The Moosehead Lake Region is situated between 3 white water rafting rivers, so choose a ½ day or whole day trip on one of the various leveled rivers by a licensed Maine white water guide.
- Day 7: Rent a kayak or canoe and explore Moosehead Lake’s many coves.
- Day 8: Fishing: Moosehead Lake and the surrounding lakes and rivers offer a multitude of fishing choices. Local outfitters and guides will gladly plan a day trip and take care of all the details for you.
“this is as good as it gets!”